Friday 20 April 2012

End of Year Show - Poster Layout..

I want the design to look fresh, easy to read, clear for if you are on the move or in a car.
Hierachy needs to be in force.
1. Name of Exhibition
2. Where
3. Leeds College of Art - End of Year Show
4. Contact Details



I think this looks to empty for the white patch. It doesn't read easily either and the hierachy isn't quite working.

Also the white writing up the left hand side, visually I think it looks nice however I don't think it will work when reading it, because these posters are going to be big therefore it may be a distraction.

There is still too much white area in the box, and I don't think there is any structure to the type.
 I quite like this design!

However I'm not sure that there is too much information for the front of the poster.
This works so much better. Slimming down the information on the front of the poster to the minimum that the public need to know, then have the details on the back.
 Not sure about aligning the type to the centre.

I think this is the best layout of text, it has hierachy and leads your eye around the poster.

However I think it would probably work better to have the Leeds College of Art logo at the bottom. Maybe on the photograph in white or in the white box, not sure yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment